Posted on 15th Sep 2011 @ 9:34 AM
Obviously there are not any great movies made about just jewelry, but various rings, necklaces, bracelets and gem stones, and other references to jewelry, show up in some great movies.
Here are 10 movies that many people would have heard of that focus on some aspect of jewelry. There are many others, but these are the ones we liked the most.
- Gentlemen Prefer Blonds: The Marilyn Monroe version from the 1950s, but still with the show-stopping “Diamonds are a Girl’s Best Friend.”
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s: Not much in the way of jewelry, since Holly Golightly could only look, but the idea of breakfast at a jewelry store appeals to us.
- Pink Panther: We’re usually not big fans of movies about stealing jewelry, but this one is so hilarious we just can’t help watching it. The title comes from the giant diamond that, when you look into it, you can see a pink panther.
- Romancing the Stone: Another movie that’s not really about jewelry, but the heart-shaped emerald is eye-catching and the movie is just plain old fun.
- Titanic: You can’t go wrong with a heart-shaped sapphire and diamond necklace called Heart of the Ocean. We won’t tell you what happens to it, but will can tell you it didn’t go down with the ship.
- Pretty Woman: All right, the movie has a silly premise, but that ruby necklace he gives her to wear was a big “wow.” By the way, it was valued at $250,000 and an armed security guy was on the set at all times it was being filmed.
- Sweet Home Alabama: How can you go wrong with a guy tells his girlfriend in a jewelry store, “Pick one.”
- Blue Streak: Again, we’re not big fans of jewelry thefts, but Martin Lawrence is hilarious as a thief who hides a big diamond he stole in a building that becomes a police station. The way he tries to get the diamond back is priceless.
- How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days: We were rooting for Matthew McConaughey’s character to win the contract for the diamond merchant ad contract.
- 11 Harrowhouse: Trying to hit the big time, a diamond merchant gets a chance to supervise and cut a large diamond. Since we know you haven’t seen this little-viewed movie, we won’t tell you more, but it’s a great one.
We’re not film experts at Sarraf Jewelry, but we know a lot about jewelry. Be sure to check us out online.